Here’re the slides that I used in class on Friday; I also put the link on the schedule: China Issues: Lessons from Japan?.
For the final week of class I decided it is better to hear about your research, and to review what we’ve done rather than rush through new material. So see below; this is also now reflected in the schedule.
More in a day or two about next week, we’ll begin with presentations on your term paper, max 8 minutes each via powerpoint, preferably with on USB to speed transitions. Practice! – 1 minute per slide or you have too much content.
Here is the (strongly) suggested content. Remember that slides with lots of words can’t readily be read – 7 or fewer lines on the screen is the ideal.
- Title Slide (incl name & date)
- Abstract Slide (not for presentation – to add later on to as a term paper page)
- Main points slide (no more than 4 lines)
- Why topic matters
- Theory / how approach
- Background – previous lit
- Data – how you approached
- Conclusion: open questions etc
PS here also are the slides from my presentation on demographics: pdf of powerpoint slides
Arbitrarily we’ll go in first name order hence: